The Singapore Ministry of Manpower, in collaboration with the Singapore National Trade Unions Congress (NTUC) and Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF), co-organised the Singapore Conference on the Future of Work with the International Labour Organization (ILO) on 29 April 2019. The conference was a response to the ILO’s call for each member state to conduct national conversations and set out its response to the ILO Global Commission’s Report on the Future of Work, which was released on 22 January 2019.
The conference brought together more than 700 government, worker and employer representatives from ASEAN Member States and ASEAN’s six dialogue partners – Australia, China, India, Japan, Korea and New Zealand.
To watch the video recordings of the sessions, please click the session titles below. Videos are provided by the International Labour Organization (ILO).
Tripartite speakers from the region, Commissioners from the ILO’s Global Commission of the Future of Work and industry leaders shared insights and engaged in in-depth discussions with the participants.
Moderator: Ms Lin Diaan-Yi, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company Singapore
- Ms Low Yen Ling, Senior Parliamentary Secretary, Singapore
- Ms Akiko Gono, Adviser on International Affairs, Japanese Trade Union Confederation (JTUC-RENGO) & Titular Member, Workers’ Group of the ILO GB
- Mr Abraham Thomas, Managing Director, IBM Singapore Pte Ltd
- Prof Vanessa Evers, Professor of Computer Science, Human Interaction Group and Scientific Director Design Lab, University of Twente; and Head, NTU Institute of Science and Technology for Humanity
- Ms Reema Nanavaty, Former General Secretary, SEWA
Moderator: Dr Gillian Koh, Deputy Director (Research), Institute of Policy Studies
- Mr M Kulasegaran, Minister of Human Resources, Malaysia
- Mr Richard Wagstaff, President, New Zealand Council of Trade Unions (NZCTU)
- Ms Goh Swee Chen, Independent Director, SIA and Former Chairman, Shell
- Mr Ancheta Tan, President Emeritus, Employers Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP) & Deputy Member, Employers’ Group of the ILO GB
- Mr Philip Jennings, Former General Secretary, UNI Global Union
Moderator: Ms Loke Wei Sue, Presenter, Channel News Asia
- Mr Hanif Dhakiri, Minister of Manpower, Indonesia
- Mr Heng Sour, Secretary of State of Labour, Cambodia
- Mr Patrick Tay, Assistant Secretary-General, Singapore National Trades Union Congress
- Ms Teo Lay Lim, Senior MD ASEAN and Country MD, Accenture
- Dr Bicky Bhangu, Regional Director for Southeast Asia and Pacific, Rolls-Royce
- Mr Alain Dehaze, CEO, Adecco Group