A Singapore Government Agency Website
How to identify
Official website links end with .gov.sg
Government agencies communicate via
websites (e.g. go.gov.sg/open).
Secure websites use HTTPS
Look for a
lock () or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive
information only on official, secure websites.
ASEAN Future of Work Conference, 29 Sep 2020
1. Keynote Address by Mrs. Josephine Teo, Singapore Minister for Manpower.
2. “The Impact of COVID-19 on the Labour Market in the Asia Pacific”, by Ms Chihoko Asada-Miyakawa, Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific, International Labour Organization.
3. “Singapore’s Response to Address the Impact of COVID-19 on the Labour Market”, by Mr Aubeck Kam, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Manpower, Singapore.
4. “Vietnam’s Response to Address the Impact of COVID-19 on the Labour Market”, by Dr Ha Thi Minh Duc, Deputy Director-General of International Cooperation Department, Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, Vietnam.
5. Panel Discussion: “Building a Better Post-COVID Future of Work”
Moderator: Ms Diaan-Yi Lin, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company
Mr Graeme Buckley, Director, DWT/CO-Bangkok, International Labour Organization
Mr Aubeck Kam, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Manpower, Singapore
Dr Ha Thi Minh Duc, Deputy Director-General of International Cooperation Department, Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, Vietnam
Ms Lynn Dang, HR Lead, Microsoft Singapore
Mr Shoya Yoshida, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation – Asia Pacific
This session discussed the forces shaping a post-COVID future of work, and the different but crucial roles that governments, employers and workers must play in preparation of the future of work. It also discussed the need for social dialogue and regional collaboration to build inclusive and sustainable protection systems, as well as a culture of lifelong learning and care for workers’ mental health.
6. Panel Discussion: “Employment Facilitation Post-COVID, for a Better Recovery”
Moderator: Ms Aparna Bharadwaj, Managing Director and Partner, Boston Consulting Group
Mr Tan Choon Shian, Chief Executive, Workforce Singapore
Mr Gilbert Tan, Chief Executive Officer, Employment and Employability Institute
Mr Sim Gim Guan, Executive Director, Singapore National Employers Federation
Mr François Lançon, Regional President, Asia Pacific and Middle East, ManpowerGroup
Mr Daniel Robinson, Programme Director, Maximus
This session explored the future of work trends impacting employment facilitation and the various skills which are increasingly in demand in the changing economy. It also discussed how each tripartite stakeholder has a part to play in supporting businesses and workers to retain workers, address job and skills mismatches, and so achieve better employment facilitation outcomes.